UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2019
My family and I recently made a permanent move to Madrid, Spain. It could take a while for us to get used to so many changes, so I figure it’s best for me to take a break from makeup artistry until the summer of 2020 at least. Should I decide to restart, I will be available only in Spain and not Ireland unfortunately.
But…my wedding work is what I’ll miss the most because I love working with brides. I’ll really miss meeting so many cool personalities; the chats, the laughs and the privilege of painting each of your beautiful faces.
Thanks so much, Linda xx
I’m Linda, a professional makeup artist living in Douglas, just outside of Cork City in Ireland. For the past 8 years, I’ve specialised in the creation of elegant makeup for inspired modern brides & fine art editorial makeup for international publication. My favourite things are beauty, words, coffee, my family, ideas, makeup, people & art… not necessarily in that order. I’m a self-confessed makeup bore, great company for those who love endless makeup trivia. I also love nothing better than answering your beauty questions or having a rummage through your make up bag.
My philosophy is simple. Whether it’s a photo shoot or a wedding I take what I think is a fresh, modern approach to make up application. I want to enhance your features, not to mask them. For me, the skin is everything and less will always be so much more.
Come see me at my private home makeup studio. Mine is a busy home. I share it with my husband Mike, our 3 girls and a mischievous little bichon dog called Louis. Luckily, the makeup studio is my sanctuary. It’s where I drink coffee, clean my brushes, email, daydream and meet with my gorgeous clients.
(…and yeah, sometimes I’m in there just to hide from the kids!)
- I originally wanted to train in hairdressing but instead, I graduated with a BA English & Philosophy from University College, Cork
- After that, I studied Arts Administration, Journalism & I speak conversational Spanish
- I had a pretty long career in retail management – Topshop, Monsoon Accessorize, Zara & Boots No7
- During my time as a No7 Beauty Consultant, I became obsessed with makeup and decide to train professionally at Jemma Kidd Makeup Academy, London UK
- Later again, still obsessed with makeup, I trained with Samantha Chapman & Nicola Haste at Pixiwoo Studios Norwich, UK
To create elegant, clean and above all else, flattering makeup looks. To keep your skin looking fresh and youthful so that it photographs beautifully.