Here’s the breakdown I promised of what I bought at MAC in Brown Thomas, Dublin recently. Off I went with my freshly renewed MACPro card to repurchase some kit staples that I simply can’t work without. The repurchased items are marked with * in the list below.
For anyone unfamiliar with the MACPro card, it offers 30% discount on MAC products to qualifying make up professionals at MACPro stores. It’s a pretty generous scheme and most make up artists will almost always have some MAC products in their kit. I would say that my kit is made up of about 20% MAC products, scientifically speaking that is. And yes, I did buy more than I had intended to. It was 30% discount, okay? It was for my kit, for my work. Don’t look at me like that.
Okay so the stand out, new to me MAC products have to be:
Sketch eyeshadow – a richly pigmented deep burgundy/plum brown. This is such a good colour, beautiful used close to the lash line if you have green eyes
Pro longwear concealers – I love these. They are fantastic under the eyes which is a notoriously difficult area to correct and conceal. I want more of these.
Mineralize blush in Warm Soul – what a stunning golden peach finish to the skin this gives! This gives a gorgeous warmth used on paler skin.
Retro matte lipstick in All Fired Up – this is my new favourite lipshade. A rich raspberry red that applies like a dream and suits almost anybody. Much easier to wear than MAC’s classic reds Ruby Woo and Russian Red. A stunning colour for a bride wanting a strong lip that won’t take warmth from the face. I LOVE this lipstick.
A little gripe I do have is that Ireland’s only MACPro outlet is in Brown Thomas Dublin, a fair distance from Cork seeing as we have MAC here too but can’t use the pro card there. Oh, and also that the pro discount is 35% in the UK 😦
Gripe over, here’s the list:
- Pro Palette Eyeshadow refills – Nocturnelle, Sketch, Scene, Cork*, Kid*, Omega*
- Pro Paint Pots – Groundwork*, Bare Study, Indianwood
- Pro Longwear Foundation NC15, NC40, NW25
- Pro Longwear Concealer NC30, NW30
- Mineralize Skinfinish powder in Medium Plus*
- Mineralize Blush- Warm Soul, Dainty*
- Powder Blush- Baby Don’t Go, Melba
- Retro Matte Lipstick -All Fired Up
- Matte Lipstick -Please Me
- Plushglass -Ample Pink*
- Hip n Happy lip pencil (gorgeous blue toned pink, I find this shade difficult to find in a lip pencil so very pleased to get this)
- Prep+Prime Natural Radiance Base (not impressed by this so far but maybe I just haven’t discovered its best use yet?)
- #266 Angle Brush*
- 2 pro refill eyeshadow quad compacts
Anybody have any different ‘stand out’ products from MAC? Leave your recommendations in the comments, I’d love to read them.